Thursday, May 5, 2011

Tricks of the Trade

So you have come across the templates and want to print them out, but yet you are questioning the paper. I have learned that it is best to print the paper out on cardstock. Cardstock is slightly thicker then your average paper you use to print. There is also other materials you can use, such as posterboard if you plan to use the stencil more then once.

Still have some questions, see if these help.

Q. Where do I buy Cardstock?
A. At any office supply store.

Q. How much does Cardstock cost?
A. Anywhere from $13-$15 dollars for 250/Pack

Q. How long will the cardstock last as a stencil/pattern?
A. It varies on usage. The best thing to do, if you want to keep it for much longer and have more stabilityn is to use poster board. I use the poster board for my stencils I have made, and it works great!

Q. Poster board? Thats great, but how do I cut it?
A. Two words, X-ACTO Knife. This works the best and you will get a much better result with your homemade embellishments. Scissors DO NOT work very well on cutting embellishments. X-ACTO provides a crisper edge.

Q. What if my cardstock/posterboard is slighty mishaped after I cut it?
A. This happens to everyone...even me. The answer is silly by simple, buy yourself a nail file. Yes, a nail file. You can file done your paper to be smoother around the edges, especially those tricky circles. I use it and it works like a charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment